We are looking for a skilled and energetic Java EE application architect that will provide technical leadership to a team of Java EE software developers. The successful candidate will have to acquaint him/her-self in the current application architecture. He/she will be responsible for continuous architectural improvement as well as ensuring overall code compliance with architectural structures and standards. In addition, the applicant will have to work closely with the dev-ops engineer, to assist with build, configuration, deployment and test automation. Lastly the architect would be accountable for unit and acceptance test coverage and quality.
- Technical lead for Java EE projects.
- Continuous improvement and refactoring of existing application architecture.
- Continuous verification of code compliance to architectural standards, structures and practices.
- Mentoring and coaching of Java EE developers.
- Provide technical assistance to dev-ops engineer.
- Quality and coverage of unit and integration testing.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Very good design skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree
- 5-8 years’ experience as a Java EE software architect.
- 5-8 years’ experience as a team lead
- Extensive experience in Spring and Hibernate (3 years).
- In-depth knowledge of unit and integration testing and test automation.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise, SOA and development patterns and practices.
- Experience in IBM Websphere, MQ and Process Server
|Duration||12 Month Contract|
|Workplace||Pretoria and Centurion|